Sunday, January 17, 2010

We can take nothing with us

"Having more (worldly issues) does not keep you from wanting more. And if you
always want more - to be richer, more beautiful, more well known - you are
missing the bigger picture, and I can tell you from experience, happiness will
never come." - Have a Little Faith, by Mitch Albom.


Just finished mugging for my chemistry. Gawd, it's like 15 A4 pages long man. I think that's the longest i've ever written. Hahaha. Who knows? I can make a textbook out of this topic. (: I'm such a good girl, that's why I mugged. (:

Actually I have nothing much to write about today. Well, had tuition for maths, went to eat, just normal ol' routine. Going to Bishan home tomorrow for CIP. Will bring my camera there. For Art purposes, and also to train my skills. I guessed it sucked.

"Now, that child," He said,"Reminds me of something out sages thought. When
a baby comes into the world, it's hands are clenched, right?" Why? Because a
baby, not knowing any better, wants to grab everything, to say, "The whole world
is mine."
But when an old person dies, how does he do so? With his hands open. Why?
He has learned the lesson.
What lesson? I asked. He stretched open his empty fingers.

We can take nothing with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment